Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State Of Things
Fri February 7, 2014
This Day In N.C. History With Political Junkie Ken Rudin
Political Junkie Ken Rudin reminds us of the significance of this day in North Carolina political history: February 7, 1984 was the filing deadline for the U.S. Senate seat sought by two Tar Heel State giants: Governor Jim Hunt (D) vs. Senator Jesse Helms (R), who was seeking his second term. Helms would go on to win a narrow victory in the fall.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Political Junkie Ken Rudin about that epic face-off, Clay Aiken's shift from music to politics and the effects of the farm bill on North Carolina. Today at noon on The State of Things.