Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri November 18, 2011
Davidson County Storm Damage
Clean-up continues in Davidson county where two people died following a tornado on Wednesday.
At least 11 people were taken to the hospital following the severe storms. The National Weather Service confirmed that a tornado touched down near Lexington just after 6pm. Major Larry James is with Davidson County Emergency Services. He says the path of the tornado was tight, but caused some significant damage.
Larry James: Preliminary figures look like somewhere between 35 and 50 structures with some varying degree of damage.
The last tornado to hit Davidson County was in April of 2010.
Politics & Government