Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue February 25, 2014
Dan River Fish Tested After Coal Ash Spill
This week, the NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources, DENR, is testing fish tissue in the Dan River for contamination from the Duke Energy coal ash spill earlier this month. The Southern Environmental Law Center claims they warned Duke Energy and DENR of a potential spill last year.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jeff Tiberii, WUNC's Greensboro Bureau Chief about new developments with Duke Energy's coal ash spill.