Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue February 25, 2014
Dan River Fish Tested After Coal Ash Spill
This week, the NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources, DENR, is testing fish tissue in the Dan River for contamination from the Duke Energy coal ash spill earlier this month. The Southern Environmental Law Center claims they warned Duke Energy and DENR of a potential spill last year.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jeff Tiberii, WUNC's Greensboro Bureau Chief about new developments with Duke Energy's coal ash spill.