Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue August 21, 2012
The Curious Case of Janet Danahey
About ten years ago, Janet Danahey set fire to the porch of her boyfriend's apartment complex. She claimed it was a prank. Four people died in the resulting fire, and Danahey agreed to a deal for life in prison in order avoid the death penalty. Now she wants to take her plea deal back and receive clemency from the governor. WUNC Greensboro Bureau Chief Jeff Tiberii joins host Frank Stasio to explore the controversial case.