Most Active Stories
- It's Final: UNC Board of Governors Votes To Close Academic Centers
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- How Some Teachers, Even On Snow Days, Are Still Teaching
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed September 18, 2013
Cookbook Series Takes A Tour Of Southern Cuisine
In the South, food has purposes beyond sustenance and certain items like biscuits, buttermilk, and bacon are sacred.
The Savor the South cookbook series Peaches (The University of North Carolina Press/ 2013) invites writers and chefs to meditate on traditional foods of the American South. Host Frank Stasio talks with writer Kelly Alexander, author of the new book in the series, Peaches, and Bill Smith, chef at Crooks Corner restaurant in Chapel Hill and author of Crabs and Oysters.
Arts & Culture