Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed September 18, 2013
Cookbook Series Takes A Tour Of Southern Cuisine
In the South, food has purposes beyond sustenance and certain items like biscuits, buttermilk, and bacon are sacred.
The Savor the South cookbook series Peaches (The University of North Carolina Press/ 2013) invites writers and chefs to meditate on traditional foods of the American South. Host Frank Stasio talks with writer Kelly Alexander, author of the new book in the series, Peaches, and Bill Smith, chef at Crooks Corner restaurant in Chapel Hill and author of Crabs and Oysters.
Arts & Culture