Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- Charlotte, NC: Take A Virtual Ride On The World's Tallest, Fastest Giga Rollercoaster (Video)
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri May 23, 2014
Contested: Sports In America
The world of sports is a multi-billion dollar industry. And sports have a special elevated place in American culture.
A new one-hour radio documentary looks at the less-examined aspect of sports: the experience of young athletes. Contested is produced in collaboration with the radio program, State of the Re:Union, and will air Monday at noon on WUNC.
Host Frank Stasio talks with co-creator and audio director John Biewen and co-creator and State of The Re:Union host Al Letson about the program.