Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri October 18, 2013
Congressmen Reflect On Vote To End Shutdown
Wednesday night, the House of Representatives overwhelmingly voted to end the government shutdown and raise the debt ceiling.
Eighty-seven Republicans joined 198 Democrats for final approval. Host Frank Stasio talks to members of North Carolina’s Congressional delegation, including Republican Walter Jones, who represents the state’s 3rd District. He voted not to end the shutdown Wednesday night; Republican Howard Coble represents the 6th Congressional District. He voted in favor of ending the shutdown; and Democrat G.K. Butterfield represents North Carolina’s 1st Congressional District and voted in favor of the measure.