Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue June 17, 2014
Composed of artists, nurses, farmers and students, The Collection is as much a community as a band. The group, presently 15 members, easily expands and contracts as musicians come and go.They describe their sound as a rock band that tripped into an orchestra pit.
Host Frank Stasio speaks with lead singer and guitarist David Wimbish who plays live with Mira-Joy Wimbish on vocals, accordion and tambourine; Hayden Cooke on upright bass; Christina Brooke on cello; and Graham Dickey on trombone. The Collection plays Saturday at the World War Memorial Stadium in Greensboro.