Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Around the Nation
Fri August 2, 2013
Colorado Restaurant Has A Furry New Regular
Originally published on Fri August 2, 2013 11:08 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
The Edelweiss Restaurant in Colorado Springs has a new regular: a six-foot-tall bear. Security video taken early Wednesday shows the bear standing on its hind legs, pulling a dumpster out of view. The bear dragged it 50 feet into the parking lot, turned it over and went to town on some German leftovers. Guess it was good, because the next day, he came back for more. Edelweiss is known for a traditional steak dish called ruladen. I don't know about the bear. I prefer schnitzel. It's MORNING EDITION Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.