Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue December 10, 2013
The Clock Ticks On The Farm Bill
Lawmakers are in negotiation for a five-year farm bill.
If they are unable to reach a compromise by the end of the year, key provisions will revert to mid-century laws. A large portion of the bill supports nutrition programs like SNAP. More than 1.5 million North Carolinians receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Host Frank Stasio speaks to Washington reporter for News 14 Carolina Geoffrey Bennett about the farm bill negotiations and the possible impact on North Carolina.