Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue February 12, 2013
Cheney Likes Something Obama's Doing: Drone Strikes
Originally published on Tue February 12, 2013 1:08 pm
"I think it's a good program and I don't disagree with the basic policy that the Obama administration has pursued."
That's the word today from former Vice President Dick Cheney about the Obama administration's use of missiles fired from aerial drones to kill suspected terrorists overseas. And it's OK if the suspects are American citizens, Cheney added, if they've joined with terrorists who are out to harm the United States and its allies.
Drone strikes are the one thing Cheney spoke favorably about when he was asked on CBS This Morning about the current administration.
Otherwise, Cheney thinks:
-- Obama's national security team is "second rate."
-- Obama's foreign and national security policies are making the nation "vulnerable to the future."
"I'm very, very concerned about what I see happening in the national security arena," Cheney said.