Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue October 22, 2013
Celia Rivenbark’s Profane Take On Manners
Celia Rivenbark is a successful essayist with numerous acclaimed books under her belt, but she has resisted the urge to dole out advice until now.
In her new book, “Rude Bitches Make Me Tired: Slightly Profane and Entirely Logical Answers to Modern Etiquette Dilemmas” (St. Martin’s Griffin/2013), she lays out exactly how she thinks everybody ought to behave. And while it isn’t always pretty, when Rivenbark writes it, the truth is funny. Host Frank Stasio talks to Celia Rivenbark about her new book.