Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue October 22, 2013
Celia Rivenbark’s Profane Take On Manners
Celia Rivenbark is a successful essayist with numerous acclaimed books under her belt, but she has resisted the urge to dole out advice until now.
In her new book, “Rude Bitches Make Me Tired: Slightly Profane and Entirely Logical Answers to Modern Etiquette Dilemmas” (St. Martin’s Griffin/2013), she lays out exactly how she thinks everybody ought to behave. And while it isn’t always pretty, when Rivenbark writes it, the truth is funny. Host Frank Stasio talks to Celia Rivenbark about her new book.