Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue May 15, 2012
Cate Edwards Could Testify For Her Father
Defense attorneys could call two noteworthy witnesses today at the John Edwards Trial.
Jeff Tiberii: Scott Thomas is a former chairman of the Federal Election Commission. He will testify but to what extend remains to be seen. The prosecution successfully argued Monday to limit the scope of what he can say. Defense attorneys had hoped Thomas could offer expert testimony. Edwards lawyers may also call his oldest daughter Cate. She’s now 30, President of the Elizabeth Edwards Foundation, and has been a regular fixture in the courtroom, supporting her father the past four weeks. The Edwards defense began Monday with lawyers for the two-time presidential candidate focusing on campaign finance law. It’s still unclear if Edwards will testify in his own defense.