Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu November 3, 2011
Carolina Public Press
Journalist Angie Newsome saw a need for more investigative reporting in the western part of North Carolina, so she founded the Carolina Public Press. It’s a non-profit, online publication that reports on the 17 westernmost counties in the state. The project is funded through the generosity of foundations, donors, businesses and other organizations. Host Frank Stasio talks to Newsome about the Carolina Public Press and some of the news it's covering.