Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Arts & Culture
Fri April 29, 2011
CAM Raleigh's New Home
Raleigh's Contemporary Art Museum, or CAM Raleigh, opens at its new location tomorrow. The museum is moving from its original location in Moore Square to a newly renovated warehouse on Martin Street. Administrators host a sold-out street party there tonight. CAM Raleigh spokeswoman Rosemary Wyche says the museum is partnering with North Carolina State University to open new exhibits and host art classes.
Rosemary Wyche: "Design Camp has been going on for years with N.C. State. Of the children that go there - and they're high school students that go there in the summer - a large number, between 30 and 40 percent, end up going to N.C. State School of Design."
Wyche says the first exhibit follows the theme of sustainability by using recycled or reused materials. Museum leaders and N.C. State officials cut the ribbon tomorrow morning.