Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri June 15, 2012
Busy Day For UNC Board Of Governors
The UNC system has a new chair for its Board of Governors.
Dave DeWitt: Peter Hans is a UNC-Chapel Hill graduate and a former advisor to 3 U.S. Senators, most recently Republican Richard Burr. Now, he’s the chair of the UNC system’s Board of Governors, with oversight over all 17 member campuses. Hans represents a political shift on the Board. The job has typically been held by Democrats. UNC System President Tom Ross says politics won’t be a factor moving forward.
Tom Ross: I think the history of the Board of Governors has been a bi-partisan group of people that work together for what’s best for the university. I don’t see that changing at all.
The Board of Governors also took a final vote on creating a four-person task force to review UNC-Chapel Hill’s investigation of academic fraud in its African and Afro-American studies department.