Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri June 15, 2012
Busy Day For UNC Board Of Governors
The UNC system has a new chair for its Board of Governors.
Dave DeWitt: Peter Hans is a UNC-Chapel Hill graduate and a former advisor to 3 U.S. Senators, most recently Republican Richard Burr. Now, he’s the chair of the UNC system’s Board of Governors, with oversight over all 17 member campuses. Hans represents a political shift on the Board. The job has typically been held by Democrats. UNC System President Tom Ross says politics won’t be a factor moving forward.
Tom Ross: I think the history of the Board of Governors has been a bi-partisan group of people that work together for what’s best for the university. I don’t see that changing at all.
The Board of Governors also took a final vote on creating a four-person task force to review UNC-Chapel Hill’s investigation of academic fraud in its African and Afro-American studies department.