Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed August 6, 2014
Apple, Samsung To End Patent Suits Outside U.S.
Originally published on Wed August 6, 2014 7:45 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's Business News starts with a smartphone cease-fire. Apple and Samsung are agreeing to end all patent lawsuits between each other outside the United States. They have been after each other in a dozen countries over the past three years, battling over intellectual property rights for the design and technology that goes into their mobile devices. The companies do plan to continue to pursue existing cases in United States courts. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.