Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue May 29, 2012
In Stuart Albright's new novel, "Bull City" (McKinnon Press/2012), protagonist Sid Ellison is a high-school teacher living peacefully in Appalachia. But when a crime hits close to home, he is forced to return to Durham, NC and confront an unresolved past.
Albright is the author of two previous works of non-fiction and also teaches at Jordan High School in Durham. He joins host Frank Stasio to talk about what inspired him to write the novel and what inspired his decision to set it in the Bull City.