Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri March 1, 2013
Bryan Ferry's Jazz Age
Here's what's on the latest show from The Story.
Known as a vocalist for the 1970's rock band Roxy Music, Bryan Ferry has stripped some of his classics of vocals and reinvented them in the style of 1920's jazz. "I wanted the spotlight on the songs," he tells guest host Sean Cole.
The music of his latest album The Jazz Age is original, and one critic called it radical. So, tune in to hear Avalon with trumpet, banjo and bass sax.
Also in this show: 99% Invisible explores a Philadelphia park that became a mecca for skaters.
To listen to this show, visit The Story's website.