Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Host, "All Things Considered"
Executive Producers and Hosts, "The People's Pharmacy"
Host, "Morning Edition"
Changing Economy Reporter
Digital News Editor
Back Porch Music Announcer & Operations
Host / Reporter
Fletcher Fellow for Education Policy Reporting
Assistant News Director
Host, "The State of Things"
Greensboro Bureau Chief
Web Producer & Back Porch Music Host @keithweston
Fri May 23, 2014
Britain's Right-Wing Party Make Gains In EU Parliament Election
By Ari Shapiro
Originally published on Fri May 23, 2014 9:42 am
British voters went to the polls Thursday in European and local elections. The vote is key for the UK Independence Party, whose anti-Europe and anti-immigration views struck a chord with some Britons.