Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri April 13, 2012
Brian Horton Trio
Brian Horton honed his saxophone skills as a student at North Carolina Central University’s world renowned Jazz Studies Program. The education and connections he made there have served him well in his music career.
Horton is now a faculty member at his alma mater where he teaches alongside jazz luminaries like Program Director Ira Wiggins and Branford Marsalis. The Brian Horton Trio is a popular act that performs frequently around North Carolina, most notably at their weekly gig at Whiskey in downtown Durham. Two of the trio, Brian Horton and bassist Lance Scott Junior, join host Frank Stasio to talk about the art of jazz and play live in the studio.