Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri April 13, 2012
Brian Horton Trio
Brian Horton honed his saxophone skills as a student at North Carolina Central University’s world renowned Jazz Studies Program. The education and connections he made there have served him well in his music career.
Horton is now a faculty member at his alma mater where he teaches alongside jazz luminaries like Program Director Ira Wiggins and Branford Marsalis. The Brian Horton Trio is a popular act that performs frequently around North Carolina, most notably at their weekly gig at Whiskey in downtown Durham. Two of the trio, Brian Horton and bassist Lance Scott Junior, join host Frank Stasio to talk about the art of jazz and play live in the studio.