Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed April 25, 2012
Brewing in North Carolina
Erik Lars Myers was disguised as your average IT guy, but he was also diligently spending his nights and weekends brewing beer in his backyard for 13 years. He found the world of beer so interesting that he wrote a popular blog about it called topfermented.com.
And eventually, his inner brew master took over and he left his day job to start a craft beer company called Mystery Brewing in Hillsborough. Erik's new book is called “North Carolina Craft Beer & Breweries” (John F. Blair/2012). He signs copies tonight at the Bottle Shop in Carrboro but first he joins host Frank Stasio in the studio.