Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri May 27, 2011
Brenda Linton & The Kinglets
Brenda Linton began singing as a child at Catholic school musicals. When she was eight, she was introduced to the piano and classical music. Over the years, this childhood love of song would carry her into the realm of folk music. In 2005, Linton released her first CD, “The Secret,” an album about loss inspired by the grief she experienced after the death of her mother.
Her new album, “Sparkle Plenty,” is more upbeat. It’s about bouncing back and appreciating life and the world in new ways.