Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri June 20, 2014
Bombadil Jumps Back Into "Tarpits and Canyonlands"
Melodic rhythms and adventurous harmonies are hallmarks of the music of Durham-based folk rock band Bombadil. But the songs are more than their melodies; Bombadil’s songs are rooted in sentimental and witty stories about characters like caterpillars and bears.
On the fifth anniversary of their second album, Tarpits and Canyonlands, they will perform it live Saturday at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro at 8:30 PM. Host Frank Stasio talks with Bombadil members Daniel Michalak on bass, James Phillips on drums, Stuart Robinson on piano and Bryan Rahija on guitar, and they perform live.