Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri June 20, 2014
Bombadil Jumps Back Into "Tarpits and Canyonlands"
Melodic rhythms and adventurous harmonies are hallmarks of the music of Durham-based folk rock band Bombadil. But the songs are more than their melodies; Bombadil’s songs are rooted in sentimental and witty stories about characters like caterpillars and bears.
On the fifth anniversary of their second album, Tarpits and Canyonlands, they will perform it live Saturday at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro at 8:30 PM. Host Frank Stasio talks with Bombadil members Daniel Michalak on bass, James Phillips on drums, Stuart Robinson on piano and Bryan Rahija on guitar, and they perform live.