Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Around the Nation
Mon February 11, 2013
Blizzard Conditions Don't Stop Happy Events
Originally published on Mon February 11, 2013 11:41 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with tales of the New England blizzard. Donna Ambrosia went into labor in Norwich, Connecticut. She inched toward the hospital in an ambulance behind a snowplow and the baby was born in the parking lot. In Portland, Maine, Karen Willis and Greg Beal went ahead with their wedding. Some guests didn't make it, but the bride says it's like the blizzard before her parents married, and the groom declared: Weather be damned, it's been a great day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.