Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue September 20, 2011
Blackbeard Rendered Musically
Composer and violinist Mark O'Connor's newest piece of music recounts the story of the pirate Blackbeard's most famous conquest, the frigate Queen Anne's Revenge. O'Connor was commissioned to create a new overture for the Greensboro Symphony Orchestra, which will debut the piece on Thursday as part of the 17 Days Festival.