Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu May 5, 2011
Beyond the Deadlines
The Durham Arts Council is currently hosting a photography exhibit called “Beyond the Deadlines.” The exhibit features the work of two photographers who shoot for The Independent Weekly, as well as publications such as The New York Times, ESPN the Magazine, and Rolling Stone. Culling their favorite images from The Independent, they frame everyday life in the Triangle in fresh ways and give viewers an alternative glimpse into the world of photojournalism.