Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue August 13, 2013
A Basketball Coach Tells His Team He’s Gay
Anthony Nicodemo is the varsity basketball coach at Saunders High School in Yonkers, N.Y. Earlier this summer, he called a meeting with his players and their parents and told them he was gay. Nicodemo tells guest host Sean Cole he’d been keeping his personal life to himself for 17 years because he was afraid of disclosing anything that might keep him from coaching. So far, parents, players, administrators and alumni have rallied around him.
Also in this show: Cody Dent managed to spoil a perfect game by Boston Red Sox minor league affiliate the Lowell Spinners, kind of like the infamous 1978 day in which his father Bucky Dent spoiled a game for the Red Sox; a dozen friends in Natick, R.I., used to gather on Friday nights in a cloud of cigarette smoke, holding cans full of pennies and a card deck for poker.