Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Mon September 23, 2013
Banned Books Back In The News
This week is Banned Book Week -- a time to reflect on censored works of literature. Last week, the Randolph County Board of Education banned the novel “The Invisible Man,” by Ralph Ellison from school libraries.
The Board will discuss the ban at a meeting on Wednesday. Host Frank Stasio talks about banned books with Sheila Smith McKoy, the director of the African American Cultural Center at North Carolina State University; and Susan Brown, director of the Chapel Hill Public Library.