Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Mon September 23, 2013
Banned Books Back In The News
This week is Banned Book Week -- a time to reflect on censored works of literature. Last week, the Randolph County Board of Education banned the novel “The Invisible Man,” by Ralph Ellison from school libraries.
The Board will discuss the ban at a meeting on Wednesday. Host Frank Stasio talks about banned books with Sheila Smith McKoy, the director of the African American Cultural Center at North Carolina State University; and Susan Brown, director of the Chapel Hill Public Library.