Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri January 31, 2014
Athlete Literacy At UNC-Chapel Hill
The athletic program at Carolina came under scrutiny when academic advisor and tutor Mary Willingham made her research on athlete literacy public.
The university disputed the claims that many athletes are unable to read above a grade school level, but Chancellor Carol Folt acknowledged that reforms are needed. Host Frank Stasio talks with WUNC's Greensboro Bureau Chief Jeff Tiberii about the UNC situation and about corruption in college sports.