Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- VIDEO: Discovered LIFE Magazine Photos Reveal Curious NC Tradition
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue December 10, 2013
Artistry Shapes Medicine
One of the most influential physicians of the 20th century was not a practicing doctor, but an artist.
Frank Netter drew more than 4,000 medical illustrations over the course of his career. Medical students across the globe learned fundamental elements of anatomy from his artwork. Host Frank Stasio speaks to Netter’s daughter Francine, who authored “Medicine’s Michelangelo: The Life and Art of Frank H. Netter, MD” (Quinnipiac University Press/ 2013).