Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri July 4, 2014
#Arthur: Snapshots Of A Storm
Updated July 4 7:15 a.m.: Hurricane Arthur is still a category two hurricane with maximum sustained winds of 100 miles per hour. It is moving off the coast, but has left flood waters and downed trees across the Outer Banks. The National Weather Service says the storm surge was as high as four feet overnight.
>> Read full story: Arthur Leaves Flooding, Power Outages Along Outer Banks. We kept an eye on Instagram and Twitter during the storm for "citizen reporting." Here's some of what we found.