Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue January 14, 2014
Are Genetically Modified Foods Bad For You?
Some scientists tout genetically modified food as a groundbreaking technology that can feed the hungry.
Critics say it is not properly regulated and may have negative health effects. Host Frank Stasio tackles the pros and cons of genetically modified foods with Jeffrey Smith, creator of the documentary film “Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of Our Lives; and Martina Newell-McGloughlin, director of the University of California Biotechnology Research and Education Program and the co-director of the National Institutes of Health Training Program in Biomolecular Technology.