Most Active Stories
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- McCrory Says He'll Uphold Gay North Carolinians' Right To Marry
- After 23 Years Together, Lesbian Couple Plans Church Wedding
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue January 14, 2014
Are Genetically Modified Foods Bad For You?
Some scientists tout genetically modified food as a groundbreaking technology that can feed the hungry.
Critics say it is not properly regulated and may have negative health effects. Host Frank Stasio tackles the pros and cons of genetically modified foods with Jeffrey Smith, creator of the documentary film “Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of Our Lives; and Martina Newell-McGloughlin, director of the University of California Biotechnology Research and Education Program and the co-director of the National Institutes of Health Training Program in Biomolecular Technology.