Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri December 3, 2010
Arden Named Provost At NCSU
NC State has hired a provost. Chancellor Randy Woodson announced late this afternoon that Warwick Arden will assume the job as the University’s top academic officer.
Arden has been interim provost at NC State since 2009. He took on the job after Larry Nielsen left abruptly in the midst of the scandal that involved hiring former First Lady Mary Easley.
Arden talked about the provost’s duties in an interview on WUNC’s The State of Things last year.
"Like all jobs there's a big part of the job is a lot of at your desk and paperwork, but there's a fantastic part of the job which is interacting with our faculty, staff, and students and brainstorming aboutthe future of the University. I find that incridbly energizing."
Arden is a native of Australia. He was previously the Dean of the School of Veterinary Medicine at NC State.