Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed April 24, 2013
AP's Twitter Account Running Again; Was Hacked Tuesday
Originally published on Wed April 24, 2013 10:21 am
"The @AP Twitter account, which was suspended after being hacked, has been secured and is back up. Thank you for your patience."
That's the word Wednesday morning from The Associated Press.
Tuesday, as we reported, a message appeared on the AP's Twitter page stating — falsely — that there had been two explosions at the White House and President Obama had been injured. Stocks dropped sharply, but came back quickly as it became clear that no such thing had happened.
The Syrian Electronic Army, the pro-Bashar Assad group that hacked NPR.org on April 15, has claimed it hacked the AP.