Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed November 27, 2013
American Indian Students In Higher Education
Since 2010, the number of American Indian students in the UNC system has been declining.
Today, there are 87 American Indian students in a student population of 19,000 undergraduate students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Amy Locklear Hertel, director of the American Indian Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Ben Frey, a post doctoral fellow in American Studies at the UNC-Chapel Hill about NC American Indians in higher education.