Most Active Stories
- It's Final: UNC Board of Governors Votes To Close Academic Centers
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- How Some Teachers, Even On Snow Days, Are Still Teaching
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed November 27, 2013
American Indian Students In Higher Education
Since 2010, the number of American Indian students in the UNC system has been declining.
Today, there are 87 American Indian students in a student population of 19,000 undergraduate students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Amy Locklear Hertel, director of the American Indian Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Ben Frey, a post doctoral fellow in American Studies at the UNC-Chapel Hill about NC American Indians in higher education.