Most Active Stories
- 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
- Teens Help Turn Abandoned North Carolina Prisons Into Farms
- Global Warming Skeptic Fills Science Seat On Coal Ash Commission In North Carolina
- Take A 3D Virtual Tour Of Proposed Light Rail From Durham To Chapel Hill
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed November 27, 2013
American Indian Students In Higher Education
Since 2010, the number of American Indian students in the UNC system has been declining.
Today, there are 87 American Indian students in a student population of 19,000 undergraduate students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Amy Locklear Hertel, director of the American Indian Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Ben Frey, a post doctoral fellow in American Studies at the UNC-Chapel Hill about NC American Indians in higher education.