Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri December 3, 2010
Alamance Battleground Unveils New Artifacts
State and local officials are unveiling new artifacts today at the Alamance Battleground near Burlington. The items were found over the past year by archeologists, historians and volunteers. Bryan Dalton is the manager of the Alamance Battleground State Historic Site. He says discoveries include musket and cannon shot and other items.
"We found a Continental Army button and it was probably worn by a soldier in the Maryland or Delaware Regiment. They were involved in a skirmish that very little was known about and this skirmish happened on what they refer to as the Old Regulator Battlefield."
Dalton says the site is one of the few to feature battles from three distinct conflicts including the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
Arts & Culture