Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Durham Police Use Tear Gas To Break Up Protest Of Teen's Death
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri December 3, 2010
Alamance Battleground Unveils New Artifacts
State and local officials are unveiling new artifacts today at the Alamance Battleground near Burlington. The items were found over the past year by archeologists, historians and volunteers. Bryan Dalton is the manager of the Alamance Battleground State Historic Site. He says discoveries include musket and cannon shot and other items.
"We found a Continental Army button and it was probably worn by a soldier in the Maryland or Delaware Regiment. They were involved in a skirmish that very little was known about and this skirmish happened on what they refer to as the Old Regulator Battlefield."
Dalton says the site is one of the few to feature battles from three distinct conflicts including the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
Arts & Culture