Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu June 13, 2013
After Innocence: Exoneration in America, Day 4
Jennifer Thompson was a college student when she was brutally raped. During the attack, she tried to memorize what the man looked like so she could identify him later. She identified Ronald Cotton as the man who raped her, and he spent 11 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.
Also, LaMonte Armstrong was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of his elderly next door neighbor. He spent the next 17 years fighting for his freedom and was exonerated last summer and is still trying to negotiate life in a world he was removed from for years.