Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon June 10, 2013
After Innocence: Exoneration in America
Gloria Killian was a a 35 year old law school student in the 1980’s when she was convicted of murder and sentenced to 32 years to life in prison. Gloria claimed her innocence from the outset. After 17 and a half years her conviction was overturned.
Also in this show, Ray Towler, exonerated by DNA evidence. Brian Banks, exonerated and signed with football’s Atlanta Falcons. John Thompson, freed after prosecutor’s deathbed admission of suppression of evidence.
Listen at 1 p.m. and 8 p.m., or online here.
Watch John Thompson's story:
After Innocence: Exoneration In America