Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon June 10, 2013
After Innocence: Exoneration in America
Gloria Killian was a a 35 year old law school student in the 1980’s when she was convicted of murder and sentenced to 32 years to life in prison. Gloria claimed her innocence from the outset. After 17 and a half years her conviction was overturned.
Also in this show, Ray Towler, exonerated by DNA evidence. Brian Banks, exonerated and signed with football’s Atlanta Falcons. John Thompson, freed after prosecutor’s deathbed admission of suppression of evidence.
Listen at 1 p.m. and 8 p.m., or online here.
Watch John Thompson's story:
After Innocence: Exoneration In America