Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed December 11, 2013
African American Music Trails Of Eastern North Carolina
Maceo Parker, Billy Taylor, Thelonius Monk: many soul and jazz legends have North Carolina roots. The new book "African American Music Trails of Eastern North Carolina," creates a road map of African American musical history.
Frank Stasio talks with the book's author, Sarah Bryan and Michelle Lanier, Director of North Carolina’s African American Heritage Commission. Also, musicians Bill Myers and Dick Knight of the band The Monitors join the conversation.