Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed December 11, 2013
African American Music Trails Of Eastern North Carolina
Maceo Parker, Billy Taylor, Thelonius Monk: many soul and jazz legends have North Carolina roots. The new book "African American Music Trails of Eastern North Carolina," creates a road map of African American musical history.
Frank Stasio talks with the book's author, Sarah Bryan and Michelle Lanier, Director of North Carolina’s African American Heritage Commission. Also, musicians Bill Myers and Dick Knight of the band The Monitors join the conversation.