Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- The North Carolina Baseball Roots Of World Series Pitching Ace Madison Bumgarner
- Meet The North Carolina Boy With A 3D Printed Hand
- Check Out This Handy NC 'Ballot-Builder'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed December 11, 2013
African American Music Trails Of Eastern North Carolina
Maceo Parker, Billy Taylor, Thelonius Monk: many soul and jazz legends have North Carolina roots. The new book "African American Music Trails of Eastern North Carolina," creates a road map of African American musical history.
Frank Stasio talks with the book's author, Sarah Bryan and Michelle Lanier, Director of North Carolina’s African American Heritage Commission. Also, musicians Bill Myers and Dick Knight of the band The Monitors join the conversation.