Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed December 11, 2013
African American Music Trails Of Eastern North Carolina
Maceo Parker, Billy Taylor, Thelonius Monk: many soul and jazz legends have North Carolina roots. The new book "African American Music Trails of Eastern North Carolina," creates a road map of African American musical history.
Frank Stasio talks with the book's author, Sarah Bryan and Michelle Lanier, Director of North Carolina’s African American Heritage Commission. Also, musicians Bill Myers and Dick Knight of the band The Monitors join the conversation.