Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue July 9, 2013
Advice Columnist Margo Howard Retires
Originally published on Wed July 10, 2013 7:17 am
Margo Howard is the only child of the beloved advice columnist Ann Landers. Her mother’s twin sister, Pauline Phillips, was Dear Abby.
Howard became a journalist but resisted the family business for three decades. She finally said yes to Slate.com in 1998 with her Dear Prudence column. She then went on to the syndicated Dear Margo column.
Howard is retiring from the advice business but is now writing a book about her four marriages and her life called “Eat, Drink and Remarry: A How Not To Book.”
- Margo Howard, writer and former advice columnist. She’s the only child of advice columnist Eppie Lederer, better known by her pen name, Ann Landers. She tweets @Margoandhow.