Most Active Stories
- UNC Board Of Governors A Step Closer To Closing Academic Centers
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- Snowstorm Knocks Out Power For Thousands - Black Ice Threat Through Friday Morning
- Nursing Injuries In Asheville
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed March 12, 2014
ACC Tournament Underway In Greensboro
The 61st annual A-C-C Men’s Basketball Tournament is underway in Greensboro. Wake Forest beat Notre Dame Wednesday afternoon earning its first win at the event in seven years. The Demon Deacons beat Notre Dame and ensured that beleaguered fourth-year head coach Jeff Bzdelik will last another day. There is widespread speculation Bzdelik will be fired when Wake's season concludes.
"It's not about any one of us; it's about Wake Forest tradition, history, how much it means to so many people - this tournament and so we need to honor that and leave it all out there and play as well as we possibly can," Bzdelik said. The Demon Deacons advance to play Pitt at approximately 2:30pm Thursday. NC State faces off with Miami at 7pm. The Pack will have to win at least one and likely numerous games in Greensboro to have a chance at being selected to the NCAA Tournament. Duke and UNC finished third and fourth in the conference, and are off until Friday.