Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed March 12, 2014
ACC Tournament Underway In Greensboro
The 61st annual A-C-C Men’s Basketball Tournament is underway in Greensboro. Wake Forest beat Notre Dame Wednesday afternoon earning its first win at the event in seven years. The Demon Deacons beat Notre Dame and ensured that beleaguered fourth-year head coach Jeff Bzdelik will last another day. There is widespread speculation Bzdelik will be fired when Wake's season concludes.
"It's not about any one of us; it's about Wake Forest tradition, history, how much it means to so many people - this tournament and so we need to honor that and leave it all out there and play as well as we possibly can," Bzdelik said. The Demon Deacons advance to play Pitt at approximately 2:30pm Thursday. NC State faces off with Miami at 7pm. The Pack will have to win at least one and likely numerous games in Greensboro to have a chance at being selected to the NCAA Tournament. Duke and UNC finished third and fourth in the conference, and are off until Friday.