Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri September 2, 2011
ACC Football Kicks Off
College football fans will be flocking to Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh this weekend. UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke, and N-C State will hold their season opening games.
It’s been a tumultuous off-season for major college football programs. And no program has been under more scrutiny than Carolina, for everything from parking tickets to academic integrity issues.
Tomorrow, the team finally takes the field. Everett Withers is the interim head coach.
Everett Withers: "You know for the last 13 months these kids have been through a lot. And when they get on the field, it’s almost like a relief to them. They play hard and I can’t wait for Saturday to see them play."
Withers replaced Butch Davis, who was fired before practice began.
The Tar Heels host James Madison. Duke and NC State also host teams from the former Division I-AA