Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu October 18, 2012
27 Views of Durham
There are many people in Durham with their own ideas about their city, but 27 share their particular insight in the new book “27 Views of Durham: The Bull City in Prose & Poetry”
(Eno Publishers/2012). Durham writers share their thoughts about the city in essays, fiction and even poetry. Host Frank Stasio is joined in the studio by contributors Katy Munger, a mystery writer with three different mystery series to her name, including the Casey Jones series; Steve Schewel, a Durham City Council member and the co-founder and former president of the Durham-based Independent Weekly; Carl Kenney, a pastor, novelist and columnist here in Durham; and
, the author of many novels, including his most recent “The Night Train” (Back Bay Books/2012). He is also a creative writing professor in the MFA program at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.