Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri September 6, 2013
For 25 Years, A Daughter Tries To Decipher A Message From Her Late Mother
Western writer Terry Tempest Williams was given a gift by her mother as she was dying: her journals - three shelves of them. When she sat down to read them, she found that they were all blank. Terry Tempest Williams has spent 25 years sorting out the message her mother meant to give her.
Also in this show: Photographer Charlotte Dumas likes to photograph working animals, and spent time at night in the stables of Arlington National Cemetery.