Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UNC Board Of Governors A Step Closer To Closing Academic Centers
- Chapel Hill Shooting: Friends Want Tragedy To Change How America Sees Islam
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- Yusor Abu-Salha In Her Own Words
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Stacey Vanek Smith
Stacey Vanek Smith is a reporter for Planet Money, where she covers business and economics. Stacey came to NPR from Marketplace, where she was a correspondent and fill-in host, most recently in Marketplace's New York bureau.
While at Marketplace, Stacey was part of a collaboration with The New York Times, where she explored the relationship between money and marriage. She was also part of Marketplace's live shows, where she produced a series of pieces on getting her data mined.
Stacey is a native of Idaho and grew up working on her parents' cattle ranch. She is a graduate of Princeton University, where she earned a bachelor's degree in comparative literature and creative writing. She also holds a master's in broadcast journalism from Columbia University. She lives in Brooklyn.