Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- LISTEN: How A Refrigerator Gets Into A Manhole, And Other Raleigh Sewage Secrets
- Take A 3D Virtual Tour Of Proposed Light Rail From Durham To Chapel Hill
- Global Warming Skeptic Fills Science Seat On Coal Ash Commission In North Carolina
- North Carolina Doctors’ Rap About Urgent Care A Hit
- North Carolina Women Seek Their Rightful Place In The Meat Business
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Rebecca Martinez produces WUNC’s broadcast of Morning Edition, and occasionally fills in as host.
Before coming to North Carolina, Rebecca was a reporter and host at Wyoming Public Radio, where she created the “Upstarts” entrepreneur profile series and reported on environmental and cultural issues. She won a PRNDI award for soft feature reporting in 2012 and has edited and produced several PRNDI award-winning stories and episodes of “Open Spaces.”
Rebecca has reported on agriculture and community issues at The News Leader in Staunton, VA. She spent two years cutting tape, booking interviews and running scripts at NPR’s Washington, DC headquarters. As an intern at Team Group Media in DC, she was charged with ordering stage blood and vintage furniture for a documentary that aired on A&E.
A New Jersey native, Rebecca is a graduate of James Madison University’s School of Media Arts and Design. She plays roller derby. Yes, really.