Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- NC State Student Uncovered Neck Bone Of Biggest Dinosaur Ever
- NC Photographer Uses Pinup Photos As A Way For Women To Appreciate Their Bodies
- 'Breathtaking' Images Discovered Of A 1950s Shoeshine Competition In North Carolina
- Scholars Gather Saturday To Share Little-Known NC Stories
- Did Speaker Tillis Really Cut $500 Million From Education?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Rebecca Martinez produces WUNC’s broadcast of Morning Edition, and occasionally fills in as host.
Before coming to North Carolina, Rebecca was a reporter and host at Wyoming Public Radio, where she created the “Upstarts” entrepreneur profile series and reported on environmental and cultural issues. She won a PRNDI award for soft feature reporting in 2012 and has edited and produced several PRNDI award-winning stories and episodes of “Open Spaces.”
Rebecca has reported on agriculture and community issues at The News Leader in Staunton, VA. She spent two years cutting tape, booking interviews and running scripts at NPR’s Washington, DC headquarters. As an intern at Team Group Media in DC, she was charged with ordering stage blood and vintage furniture for a documentary that aired on A&E.
A New Jersey native, Rebecca is a graduate of James Madison University’s School of Media Arts and Design. She plays roller derby. Yes, really.