Most Active Stories
- NC State Student Uncovered Neck Bone Of Biggest Dinosaur Ever
- Map Shows Where And When Fall Colors Peak In North Carolina
- NC Photographer Uses Pinup Photos As A Way For Women To Appreciate Their Bodies
- George Hamilton IV: 1937-2014. Five Songs That Made Him Famous
- 'Breathtaking' Images Discovered Of A 1950s Shoeshine Competition In North Carolina
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Linda Holmes writes and edits NPR's entertainment and pop-culture blog, Monkey See. She has several elaborate theories involving pop culture and monkeys, all of which are available on request.
Holmes began her professional life as an attorney. In time, however, her affection for writing, popular culture and the online universe eclipsed her legal ambitions. She shoved her law degree in the back of the closet, gave its living-room space to DVD sets of The Wire and never looked back.
Holmes was a writer and editor at Television Without Pity, where she recapped several hundred hours of programming — including both High School Musical movies, for which she did not receive hazard pay. Since 2003, she has been a contributor to MSNBC.com, where she has written about books, movies, television and pop-culture miscellany.
Holmes' work has also appeared on Vulture (New York magazine's entertainment blog), in TV Guide and in many, many legal documents.