Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- The North Carolina Baseball Roots Of World Series Pitching Ace Madison Bumgarner
- Meet The North Carolina Boy With A 3D Printed Hand
- Check Out This Handy NC 'Ballot-Builder'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Leila Fadel is NPR's international correspondent based in Cairo.
Before joining NPR, she covered the Middle East for The Washington Post. In her role as Cairo Bureau Chief she reported on a wave of revolts and their aftermaths in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, and Syria.
Prior to her position as Cairo Bureau Chief for the Post, she covered the Iraq war for nearly five years with Knight Ridder, McClatchy Newspapers and later the Washington Post. Her foreign coverage of the devastating human toll of the Iraq war earned her the George. R. Polk award in 2007.
Leila Fadel is a Lebanese-American journalist who speaks conversational Arabic and was raised in Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.